Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas time?

Is it really almost Christmas time? It doesn't feel like it to me, at all! Besides the reminder of the big tree in my living room and if I happen to leave my house, Christmas lights, I haven't hardly done anything to remind myself that it is the season of Christ's birth!

Mostly this last week is to blame. It's been a rough one with everyone being so sick. Noah and Andrew were especially bad. I finally got it as the weekend approached and felt terrible on Saturday (I thought my headache might kill me!) but I am feeling much better tonight. I think I'll feel almost normal tomorrow. I haven't been to a Christmas concert or even been shopping for that matter. That's right, this year I did all our shopping online. Much easier than having to go out after the kids were in bed or drag all three with me. Would NOT have been good!

I'll be looking for ways to put myself into a Christmas spirit this week. We're approaching our bi-annual (that's right isn't it? every other year?) trip to Kansas. Preparations are needed to ensure a smooth trip (or at least as much as possible - hasn't been the greatest in recent years).

Not much point to this blog, I guess. Just remembering what happened this year in preparation for Christmas. I did buy the kids a little Advent calendar with booklets for each day but that went out the window with the sickness from last week. Maybe we can catch up and be on track this week.

Merry Christmas if I don't write again before then!!

No comments: